Sunday, April 28, 2019

Called of God

April, 28 2019

Today I participated in the reorganization of a bishopric. I had met with the new counselors and issued the calls to them yesterday. I felt the spirit witness to me that their callings were from the Lord. I new by the same means that the new bishop was called by prophecy and by revelation. As I experienced all of this, including the ordaining and setting apart of the new bishop and his counselors I realized how truly unique this event was in the world that we live in. We were doing the Lord's bidding. Out there, somewhere, is the all powerful God our Father, who by His son created all things, and He was issuing a call to this man and had inspired it through us. It just hit me how truly awesome this was. As we counseled with the new bishopric I felt impressed to share these thoughts and to give this counsel: We believe that men and women are called of God by prophecy and revelation and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority. Never forget that. Don't issue calls as an administrator just making his best decisions. Remember that God cares who you call. Always do your best to make a good decision, but never proceed without asking Him if it is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment