The following was written in response to a note that I received from a family member. I don't wish to expose the name of the person, so please don't ask me who it is. It's not important anyway. But the contents of this letter are important I think, to our perspective. Especially in light of the current events.
Well, I have a few things to say about your note to me. I hope I don’t come across too preachy, because I’m just sharing some thoughts with you. But preachy is my middle name.
First of all, about wether I believe in the whole conspiracy theory thing, I must say that anyone who does not is just loony. I think though that one has to qualify just what they mean by it. The Book of Mormon is the best reference that I know of for this, and the reference most used by President Benson. The “conspiracy” always has been and always will be Satan’s. He is the head of it, just as Christ is the head of His church.
I don’t believe that there is a “conspiratorial world order” masterminding all of what we see going on. There are, oh I don’t know, maybe thousands of conspiracies functioning simultaneously under different names with apparently different causes, but the only coordination between them is ideological. I don’t believe there is any coordinated effort for example between Russia and China against the US, or the Talaban with Alqueda against the west, or Nancy P. with Chaves. But all of them are Gadiantons under the same great world conspiracy head, the father of lies himself. Er they are aware, they are puppets in the hands of the master, who uses them to rein with blood and horror upon this earth. There are conspiracies within our own country, softly labeled “agendas” that seek for power and control. Our current president is, I believe a rogue though. I don’t think that the party that he represents is particularly pleased with him. I think they are scared of him also. They are more concerned about the damage that he will do to their party than what he will do to the nation. He is, I believe, a conspiracy of one. I find it impossible that the Democratic leadership is suggesting the outrageous people he wants on his cabinet. I think that BO is looking for people who will do things his way because they will benefit form it, and that’s the language that these crooks speak. It appears that the people around him are just as hungry for power as he is, and are just taking advantage of the opportunity. But BO has bigger things in mind. You can see it in the way he operates. He doesn’t like to include very many people in his plans, and his actions seem to surprise his own people. For now, the party is willing to go along because it makes them look good, but, you watch, at some point the whole thing will start to go south. You’ll see, and we already have, some of the Democrats moving away from him, carefully, cautiously, but moving away.
Anyway, my take on the conspiracy is this. Jesus Christ has His church moving steadily toward an objective, which is Zion, centralized in the organization of the church. It has an agenda, and that should be the focus of our attention. Satan has his church (not centralized on the earth, but coordinated from behind the veil) moving steadily toward world destruction, focusing on the spiritual demise of souls. All of the ideologies, agendas, parties, gangs, etc. are just distractions. Did you get that? He is the master of distraction. Hugh Nibly points out that Satan wants us to see the battle his way; Democrats vs Republicans, China vs US, Irag vs Iran, Fox vs MSNBC, Shaun vs Alan, Russia vs Europe, Chavez vs US, BYU vs UofU, etc. He says, “yea there’s a war on, it’s between good and evil, and I’ll show who’s good and I’ll show you who’s evil.” He gets us to focus on politics and movements, or even people, while he carefully destroys the moral foundation of families and comunities. For example, what’s right, capitalism or socialism? Republicans or Democrats? The answer is, neither. Capitalism is the Babylonian system and will be destroyed. Consecration is the true economic order, and it looks a lot like socialism. Modern socialism is a lie. Republicans are just as wrong as Democrats. However, the true political affiliation would be the Kingdom of God; I’m a Zionist.
The place where Satan’s conspiratorial rubber meets the road is in your heart and how that translates to your relationship with God, wife, family and community. Our loyalty in these uncertain times needs to focus on the Kingdom of God. That is the rising power. It would be a shame to be distracted by the war of words and ideologies that Satan so effectively displays, while the Kingdom rises, and leaves us on the outside. The real battle is fought at home. There will always be a Captain Moroni when the time is right, but make no mistake about him. He was a prophet, a man of God before he was a soldier. Our attack on the enemy must be guided by the Spirit of God, not our lust for a fight, or our passion over ideologies, or even our patriotism. Patriotism will not replace our lack of living the gospel. Those who want a fight, will indeed find one. Satan, the father of contention, will provide plenty of battles to be fought for “righteous” causes. He will gladly show you what the two side are that you must choose from. He doesn’t care if you’re Republican or Democrat, just as long as you passionately choose one. Just as the Church does not champion a political party, neither should we get lost within a misplaced loyalty. Political parties are for worldly ambition. We are Saints in the “Kingdom” of God. What do we care about political entities. Neither are we, however, pacifists, for we believe that the responsibility of every saint is to further the Kingdom and save souls. It’s a war, and we are enlisted, but we must not get confused about where the fight is, or we’ll end up fighting the wrong war, and on the wrong side. Championing a political agenda should further the work of the Lord. When an issue is important to the welfare of souls and or the rise of the Kingdom of God we should dawn our swords and run headlong into the battle, just as the church did with prop. 8.
The future is anyone’s guess. But may I suggest a few things. The Kingdom of God is still growing, and the gospel is still being preached, and there are as yet, nations in which the gospel has not entered. We hear from the brethren that hundreds of temples will yet be built and that the growth of the church will continue. “We are optimistic about the future” they say. North American has always been the financial arm of the Kingdom and will continue to be for some time yet, though we may experience some spiritual, as well as financial corrections. In order for the church to continue its still exponential growth, it will need the tithes and donations of North America. I know that the Lord can get his money from anywhere He chooses, but it is quite apparent that He has and will continue to choose an affluent, and somewhat free North America. This being the case, I do not foresee a crash in the US.....yet. I would do what you have planned and not worry about what you can’t do much about, and start worrying more about how you are positioned with the upcoming monarch. You might consider asking Him wether you should continue your planned direction. It’s not a given that you should. He may have other plans for you. We get so distracted with the cultural “have to’s” and “status quos” of society and religion that we forget to ask Him what he has in mind for us. After all, that is what really matters. You see, if we are in the Last Days, and if the Kingdom of God is on the rise, and if the coming of Christ is eminent, than don’t you think that we should be asking Him, what our roll should be in it all? I tell my children that we must learn how to ask the most important questions first; “What would THOU have me do? Where would THOU have me go? How would THOU have me serve?” Otherwise, we are serving ourselves. Every day we must wake up and ask ourselves, “How can I come unto Christ today?” If we don’t move toward Him is some way, then the day was a loss, no matter what great thing you did, no matter how much money you made, it will have been a complete loss.
There is so much to be excited about, and so much to live for. What a great day that we live in. The Kingdom will prevail, and evil will be destroyed, of this I am certain. You’re a fine man. I can tell by the passion with which you speak. You are a deep thinker and you want to do the right things. You married way above yourself, that’s a good thing, most of have. You have a great future. I’m confident that you will make the right decisions.
Thanks for humoring me.
Kimball
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Am I the only that makes comments? This is a very interesting topic. I just want to share a couple of quotes with you. The first is from J. Rueben Clark Jr. It is, I think, as aplicable today as when he said it. "So one constitutional right after another yeilded without any real contest, our backs getting nearer the wall with each retrea. It is now proposed we retreat still further. Is not this suicide? Is there anyone so naive as to think things will right themselves without a fight? There has been no more fight in us than there is in a bunch of sheep, and we have been much like sheep. Freedom was never brought to people on a silver platter, nor maintained with whisk brooms and lavender sprays.
ReplyDeleteAnd do not think that all these usurpations, intimidations, and impositions are being done to us through inadvertence or mistake; the whole course is deliberately planned and carried out; it's purpose is to destroy the Constitution and our constitutional government; then to bring chaos, out of which the new Statism with it's slavery, is to arise, with cruel, relentless, selfish, ambitious crew in saddle, riding hard with whip and spur, a redshrouded band of night riders for despotism.
If we do not vigorously fight for our liberties, we shall go clear through to the end of the road and become another Russia, or worse."
I have one more quote I want to share from Ezra Taft Benson. "Satan is anxious to neutralize the inspired cousel of the Prophet and hence keep the priesthood off balance, ineffective and inert in the fight for freedom. He does this through diverse means, including the use of perverse reasoning. For example, he will argue, "there is no need to get involved in the fight for freedom - all you need to do is live the gospel." Of course this is a contradiction, because we cannot fully live the gospel and not be involved in the fight for freedom. We would not say to someone, "there is no need to be baptized - all you need to do is live the gospel." That would be ridiculous because baptism is a part of the gospel."
"This is Jonny" Ever since you pointed out the "The two opposing choices that are both wrong" I have had a new perspective on everything. So many people believe that if you have two groups, or parties that happen to be opposites, by default one must be Righteous and the other must be evil. I really like the Examples that you gave, except the BYU, Utah one. BYU is good and Utah Evil. He he he... J/k. The only pair of opposites that is absolutely evil is "Gods Will" vs. "Satan's Agenda". It's really easy to recognize. You have the promptings from the Holy Ghost or revelation "Gods Will" and then you have everything else "Satan’s Agenda". I chose agenda because it has such a negative connotation. It is usually disguised and very sneaky. I am really good at distinguishing between the two but I do struggle to not let myself get caught up in Satan’s Agenda. His is so vast, and Gods will is so narrow. Where have we heard that before? Maybe the great and spacious building is all of the sports arenas. They are quite spacious, loud, and full of people. Never mind, I take it back, I love my sports. Kimball I loved your post. However, I won’t comment on any of the Political things that you said. It’s not that they are wrong; I just have shut out the political world ever since BO became president (to avoid depression) and so I can’t make any educated comments at this time. Plus we turned off our cable.
ReplyDeleteI love you dad. Although, I am as curious as a monkey named George, about who wrote the letter. But I respect you keeping it confidential.
Great comments. Thank you so much for participating in this discussion. I love the quotes Melanie. I couldn’t agree with them more. It is so true. The fight is on and we must, and I mean we MUST charge into the fray. I agree that anyone who is not fighting with all they have to preserve their freedom is not living the gospel. Pacifism is inexcusable. That’s why we must be actively involve in what’s going on today. We should wright and call our representatives and let our voices be heard. They have websites where we can go and enter our opinions and vote on bills. Are taking advantage of this. If we snooze we will loose....more, for we have already lost far more than what has caused bloody wars in the past. There is a conspiracy for sure. It’s head has pronounced his intentions clearly; that he would rein with blood and horror, and how he would finance his campaign. But he will loose. And as the battle wages on, the question will be; are we on the right side? That’s a trickier question than many think. The real battle isn’t being fought in Washington, or in any political party, for Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, Constitutionalist and a slew of others will all find themselves on the same side as the line is drawn by the Savior. The real battle is fought in our hearts. We must learn to surrender our wills to the will of God, and thus fight the right battles, for only He knows where the lines are. We must listen to the Brethren and hear the word of God for us...today, as they show us where the battle is and were to fight. Are we doing those things? If we are devoting time to battles fought between the wicked while we fail to fight the battles in our lives and homes, then we will fail to fight the battles that really matter. We could exhaust our lives fight the battle for the Constitution and our freedoms, and if we loose our families, or our children in the process, then we have lost everything. No amount of patriotism can compensate for failure in the home. Satan has always been the master of distraction. He will show us many worthy causes to fight for, to keep our focus away from the most important things. If our spiritual and moral houses are not in order, than how can we see clearly to heal a nation. The world would take the scum out of government (only to be replaced by new scum) , but God takes the scum out of men, and they fix the government. You just can’t clean up the mud with more muddy water. The gospel of Jesus Christ, the pure living, clean water is the answer to the problem. First we live it, then we share it and expose it to others by doing the things that we are being told to do. The Kingdom of God is on the rise. It’s not going to fail. It will prevail. The righteous are to be spared, the wicked destroyed. The Kingdom of God is to subdue all nations and cover the whole Earth. There are many, many battles to fight, but the ones most important are the ones that will clearly identify us as Saints. For many will cry, Lord, Lord have we not fought many mighty battles in they name? And He will say, Get thee from me ye fighters in the wrong war, I never knew you. May our hearts be changed, to see the Kingdom of God in all of its glory, and may we exhaust our lives in his service. May we choose our battles by the prompting voice of the spirit, for the spirit of God is the spirit of peace and love and of a sound mind, and not of fear.
ReplyDeleteVery good comments! I am not sure how to say what I am feeling about the things you have all said. I am not as good with words as any of you. I agree with you Kimball, we can not risk our family's spiritual well being for the sake of a cause. BUT...this cause IS the fight for the Kingdom of God on earth. With every right taken from us we grow closer and closer to losing the rights of worship, even in our own homes! We lose the right to protect our families physically, emotionally, spiritually. The cause is just, the call to defend truth has gone forth, the power of the priesthood is in force, we need only to rise above our fears and stand on our feet in defence of that truth. California is only the beginning. We won't need to find a fight, it will find us, it is coming. The Church is preparing for it. We will not be justified in merely "holding our ground" or "hunkering in" (i don't know how to spell that word)When Elder Bednar was here he said to prepare ourselves and our children for what is to come; persecution, and it will be difficult. It will come from differenct directions. Satan will not let us just hold our ground he will force us to make a stand; one side or the other and he was not just talking about doctorinally. The only power that can protect our families will be the sure, rock solid foundational testimony built in each of us by yielding to the promptings through Holy Ghost, the degree of sureness built upon an ongoing practise throughout our lives, each standing upon their own. It will not be enough to be good or righteouse, we have to defend our liberty, the gospel of Jesus Christ entails both. "And it came to pass that he rent his coat and took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it.. In memory of our God, our religion, and feedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children..and he fastened it upon the end of a pole. And he fastened on his headplate.....and he took the pole, which had on the end thereof his rent coat and he called it the title of liberty and he bowed himself to the earth, and he prayed mightily unto his God for the blessings of liberty ro rest upon his brethren, so long as there should a band of Christians remain to possess the land. And therefore at this time Moroni prayed that the cause of the Christians and the freedom of the land might be favored." I am not saying we should take up our swords and march to DC. But, these are the last days, we have heard about them our whole lives. We need only to look back to realize how far we have come as a people. The polarization is in full effect. Maybe not today, nor this year, nor in ten years, but the end is coming. Our children are bombarded with fallout everyday. Anger is rising. We need to protect our families, sure them up help this build that sure foundation in them, but we also must be an influence for good and "about doing good". The Church of Jesus Christ is the force for good in the world, we are a part of that, we must be a part of that.
ReplyDeleteOK, wow, if that wasn't standing on a soap box! Thank you for your comments, I love you all so much and think of you and pray for you everyday. Thank you.
So who are you annomous? Not good with words? I thought waht you said was great. I agree. The fight is both in defence of the gospel and our liberties. They are one cause. You can't have one without the other, and our liberties are being taken away while we act like sheep. Just like J. Rueben Clark said. I think there is a real need to be informed of what's going on around us. You can't fight what you don't know. And when the scriptures say that Satan leads them carefully down to hell, that really is how he does it. One little thing at a time. Until our freedoms are lost and we are a socialist country. We are almost there. The head lines in the NY Times read....WE ARE NOW A SOCIALIST COUNTRY. They think we are already there. The Government now owens most of the big industries. It all started with bailing out A.I.G. and "they" knew exactly were it would lead, and Obama said last night the bail out isn't over. We all know the constitution will hang by a thread....I think it is, and IF it is to be saved the Elders of Isreal will have to save it. They can't if they don't understand what is happening. I know lot of people who whine and complain about Obama. But do they really understand what is happening? It didn't start with Obama. He is just taking off where the last guy left it. There's really no difference in their agenda.
ReplyDeleteI don't subscribe to a "doom and gloom" mentality. And I certainly don't believe in blowing sunshine in peoples faces either. But despite having the NY Times state that we are now a socialist country, I believe that we are still very much free. And I also believe that this country will NEVER become completely entangled in the net of Marxism. I don't state this opinion because of ignorance to the facts, I am very much aware of what troubles this country is facing. I recognize that we as a people are becoming blind and distant to the values and beliefs of our fathers. I recognize that collectively the people of the US are falling for surface appeal and deceptive propaganda. However, I know that this country has its own foreordination. It has been prophesied and reiterated time and time again that there will come a day when the constitution of the United States will hang by a thread. I beleive that this unraveling is well underway. But only if the thread breaks are we truely communistic and unfree. This is the promised land. This is where the Kingdom of God in the last days was restored. This is where the people of the Lords church will come together with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Brother Joseph and all of the dispensational prophets to join keys and lay the capstone of the New Jerusalem. None of which can happen under bondage. Whenever the Lords kindom has had presence, It has been so with freedom available to His people. Now do I enjoy all of the same freedoms that our founding fathers enjoyed? Probably not. Alot has changed for the worst since that time. Yet I still have my unalienable rights in tact. No one has or will take that from me. No political party will ever be powerful enough nor will any president or group of congressional leaders be strong enough to take these things from us. It is the Lords will that this great land remain free. Bruised and bloodied yes, but still free. For a greater cause will it remain this way. Greater that all of us. We are blessed to have the knowege that we do as it relates to this country. It is our responsibility to maintain an open ear and a sounding voice to all that have fear and are down trodden. We must not allow ourselves or others to feel like we are not in control. We are on the Lords side. Who then shall we fear? The great plan of happiness begins and ends with freedom. The great land that we occupy has it's course directed by God Almighty. It's purpose is clear and set. And we are blessed to be a part of it.
ReplyDelete